About the Red Diamond Youth of the Year
Youth of the Year is Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Alabama's premier youth leadership program, honoring extraordinary young people and their achievements in leadership, service, academics excellence, and dedication to living a healthy lifestyle. The Youth of the Year title is the most prestigious honor bestowed upon a young person, representing the voice of Boys & Girls Club youth across Central Alabama.
• Since 1947, the Youth of the Year program has honored and celebrated the nation’s most inspiring youth and their incredible stories.
• These youth have changed the face of future leaders. Youth of the Year from across the country have gone on to impact our community in a better way - becoming college professors,
motivational speakers, doctors, lawyers, entrepreneurs and more. Some have even gone back to work at their local Clubs, providing mentorship and guidance to the youth that need us most.
• Throughout the Youth of the Year journey, Boys & Girls Clubs recognize these outstanding young people at local, state, and regional levels before providing an opportunity for six of these teens
to strive for the title of National Youth of the Year.
• Becoming National Youth of the Year is an exciting and inspiring journey. Starting on the local level, Clubs select Youth of the Year representatives who then progress to state and regional
competitions, culminating with the National Youth of the Year Celebration which features Youth from each of the five regions, as well as the National Military Youth of the Year.
Youth of the Year participants are awarded scholarships to help them further their education.
- Thanks to the generosity of the George V. Daniels Scholarship Foundation, our Youth of the Year were awarded $8,000 in scholarships to further their educational dreams.
- State of Alabama Youth of the Year each receives $2,500 in college scholarships from Boys & Girls Clubs of America.
Red Diamond Coffee & Tea, the Signature Sponsor of Youth of the Year, is committed to partnering with Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Alabama to ensure local Clubs provide life-enhancing opportunities for kids and teens to explore, develop and apply the essential skills they need to be successful in life and work.
Youth of the Year representatives are the workforce leaders, innovators, and problem-solvers of tomorrow!